Eggs laid during a season with favorable weather (spring or summer) can hatch in a matter of weeks. Eggs laid in autumn will take several months to hatch, the eggs and spiderlings overwintering inside the cozy silken case.
General Spider Questions
- What is a spider?
- How do I identify a spider?
- What is the world’s largest spider?
- How many eyes do spiders have?
- How long do spiders live?
- How are spiders helpful to people and the planet?
- What kind of animals eat spiders?
- How do spiders produce silk?
- Why do spiders spin webs?
- How do spiders create webs?
- How long does it take a spider to build a web?
- How strong is a spider web?
- Why is spider silk sticky?
- What else do spiders use silk for?
- What is the most venomous spider in the world?
- How do I treat a spider bite?
- What do spider bites look like?