Comments & ID Thoughts
Your date generator is not working. I have tried a dozen times to enter the correct date and it will not accept it. The date the photograph was taken was 19 July, 2019. However, the generator appears to be "stuck" on the year 2020. Thought you should be made aware of this.
In submitted photo you will see a fresh hatch of new spiders surrounding the egg sac. Caught them just in time.
I have an interesting story to relate about a spider envenomation by Steatoda hespera, in 1997. Let me know if you'd be interested.
- Submitted by:
- Submitted: Jun 5, 2020
- Photographed: Jul 19, 2020
- Spider: Parasteatoda tepidariorum (Common House Spider)
- Location: Natchez, Mississippi, United States
- Spotted Outdoors: Man-made structure (building wall, fences, etc.)
- Found in web?: Yes
- Attributes: Dorsal, Egg sacs, Spiderlings, Webs