Comments & ID Thoughts
Hourglass - some kind of widow? Dark body. Found on a painter's ladder stored outside laying flat on the ground. (Not discovered until I'd put the ladder up tho...)
- Submitted by:
- Submitted: Jun 9, 2018
- Photographed: Jun 9, 2018
- Spider: Latrodectus geometricus (Brown Widow Spider)
- Location: San Pedro 90731, California, United States
- Spotted Outdoors: Man-made structure (building wall, fences, etc.)
- Found in web?: Yes
- Attributes: Ventral, Webs
How do I add more pictures?
Unfortunately linking and multiple images per post hasn’t been written into the site yet. Additional images need to be submitted separately.
Hi, your image has been filed. See above image for ID. 🙂
I wondered if the abdomen wasn’t bulbous enough, is it a juvenile?
I can’t tell from this image, would need to see it with a little more detail.
I still can’t make out the maturity on the spider but tentatively changed the ID from Western Black to Brown Widow based on the aparent spots on the abdomen in the dorsal image in your link. I initially went on the shape of the hour glass but that’s variable.