Unidentified

Picture ID 45048

Picture of unidentified spider

Comments & ID Thoughts

This big guy was in my house, what is it?? Poisonous or not??

  • Submitted by: 
    Vickiman
  • Submitted: Oct 16, 2018
  • Photographed: Oct 16, 2018
  • Spider: Unidentified
  • Location: Indiana, United States
  • Spotted Indoors: Other
  • Found in web?: No
  • Attributes:
Please Login to comment
1 Comment threads
0 Thread replies
1 Followers
 
Most reacted comment
Hottest comment thread
1 Comment authors
TangledWeb Recent comment authors
newest oldest most voted
TangledWeb
Member

Perhaps Hogna baltimora, with its awesome starburst markings. All spiders have some venom for paralyzing prey and self defense. The puncture wounds from a bite from a big spider have a risk of infection from bacteria. The venom is usually equated to a bee sting, there’s a risk of allergy and swelling and itching. The best news is that spiders don’t want to deal with us at all, they will run or hide unless you trap them against your skin. So, disclaimers aside, don’t worry and enjoy your spiders.