Hi guys. I was about to restart my internet router when i felt a pinch on my left index finger. No marks as such but definitely felt a pinch. I looked around to see what it could have been and i happened to see this spider lying a few inches away. It looks dead to me but i have put a plastic a cap over it just in case. Anyone who can advise whether i should br worried about venom?
It depends on your immune system. If you’re allergic to spider venom you’ll feel weak, nauseous, and symptoms like that. If that happens talk to a doctor. This isn’t a spider that will cause a lot of your skin to die. Clean and disinfect the bite to prevent bacterial infection. The spot might swell and get itchy like insect bites. How long that lasts depends on your body and the type of spider. If you are diabetic or elderly please see a doctor sooner. If the bite changes color or if red lines appear around it on your blood vessels… Read more »
Hi, your spider is one of your huntsman spiders, Sparassidae family, if they do bite, which is rare, their venom is quite mild, no more significant than a bee sting. How you tolerate those may be what to expect.
Thanks for the quick follow-up!