Comments & ID Thoughts
I have no idea what kind of species would create this kind of nest. I'm assuming it's relatively common because it was located between a gutter and the wall of a house but I wasn't able to find any similar images online.
- Submitted by:
- Submitted: Mar 19, 2018
- Photographed: Mar 17, 2018
- Spider: Argiope aurantia (Black and Yellow Garden Spider)
- Location: Charlottesville, Virginia, United States
- Spotted Outdoors: Man-made structure (building wall, fences, etc.)
- Found in web?: No
- Attributes: Egg sacs, Webs
Hi, welcome to Spider ID. 🙂 This is the egg sac of a Black and Yellow Argiope, Argiope aurantia.
Thanks, ItsyBitsy! I’ve seen that species before but never their egg sacs. I really enjoy the site so I’m sure this won’t be my last post here. Cheers!