- Kingdom: Animalia
- Phylum: Arthropoda
- Class: Arachnida
- Order: Araneae
- Suborder: Araneomorphae
- Family: Araneidae
- Genus: Acanthepeira
- Species: Acanthepeira stellata
Common Name (AAS)
Charles Athanase Walckenaer, 1805
There have been 12 confirmed sightings of Acanthepeira stellata (Star-bellied Orb-weaver), with the most recent sighting submitted on April 20, 2019 by Spider ID member sirsloth0130. The detailed statistics below may not utilize the complete dataset of 12 sightings because of certain Acanthepeira stellata sightings reporting incomplete data.
- Web: 17% of the time, Acanthepeira stellata spiders are sighted in a spider web (Sample size: 12)
- Sex: 3 female and 0 male.
- Environment: Acanthepeira stellata has been sighted 10 times outdoors, and 2 times indoors.
- Outdoors: Man-made structure (6). Low foliage (1). High foliage (1). Ground layer (2).
Location and Range
Acanthepeira stellata (Star-bellied Orb-weaver) has been sighted in the following countries: Canada, United States.
Acanthepeira stellata has also been sighted in the following states: Alabama, Georgia, Indiana, Kansas, Mississippi, Texas, Virginia.
Acanthepeira stellata has been primarily sighted during the month of February.
- February: 3
- April: 2
- May: 2
- September: 2
- October: 2
- November: 1