- Kingdom: Animalia
- Phylum: Arthropoda
- Class: Arachnida
- Order: Araneae
- Suborder: Araneomorphae
- Family: Araneidae
- Genus: Araneus
- Species: Araneus gemmoides
Other Common Names
Cat-faced Spider, Jewel Spider, Plains Orbweaver, Ritz Cracker Spider
Ralph Vary Chamberlin & Wilton Ivie, 1935
There have been 12 confirmed sightings of Araneus gemmoides (Cat-faced Spider), with the most recent sighting submitted on October 15, 2018 by Spider ID member jebell160. The detailed statistics below may not utilize the complete dataset of 12 sightings because of certain Araneus gemmoides sightings reporting incomplete data.
- Web: 50% of the time, Araneus gemmoides spiders are sighted in a spider web (Sample size: 12)
- Sex: 3 female and 0 male.
- Environment: Araneus gemmoides has been sighted 10 times outdoors, and 3 times indoors.
- Outdoors: Man-made structure (8). Ground layer (2).
Location and Range
Araneus gemmoides (Cat-faced Spider) has been sighted in the following countries: Canada, United States.
Araneus gemmoides has also been sighted in the following states: Idaho, Minnesota, Montana, North Dakota, Washington.
Araneus gemmoides has been primarily sighted during the month of October.
- January: 1
- September: 2
- October: 7
- November: 1
- December: 1