- Kingdom: Animalia
- Phylum: Arthropoda
- Class: Arachnida
- Order: Araneae
- Suborder: Araneomorphae
- Family: Araneidae
- Genus: Araneus
- Species: Araneus gemmoides
Other Common Names
Cat-faced Spider, Jewel Spider, Plains Orbweaver, Ritz Cracker Spider
Ralph Vary Chamberlin & Wilton Ivie, 1935
There have been 14 confirmed sightings of Araneus gemmoides (Cat-faced Spider), with the most recent sighting submitted on October 30, 2018 by Spider ID member allenjohnsonphd. The detailed statistics below may not utilize the complete dataset of 14 sightings because of certain Araneus gemmoides sightings reporting incomplete data.
- Web: 43% of the time, Araneus gemmoides spiders are sighted in a spider web (Sample size: 14)
- Sex: 3 female and 0 male.
- Environment: Araneus gemmoides has been sighted 13 times outdoors, and 3 times indoors.
- Outdoors: Man-made structure (10). Ground layer (3).
Location and Range
Araneus gemmoides (Cat-faced Spider) has been sighted in the following countries: Canada, United States.
Araneus gemmoides has also been sighted in the following states: Idaho, Minnesota, Montana, North Dakota, Washington.
Araneus gemmoides has been primarily sighted during the month of October.
- January: 1
- September: 3
- October: 8
- November: 1
- December: 1