- Kingdom: Animalia
- Phylum: Arthropoda
- Class: Arachnida
- Order: Araneae
- Suborder: Araneomorphae
- Family: Araneidae
- Genus: Araneus
- Species: Araneus trifolium
Common Name (AAS)
Other Common Names
Pumpkin Spider, Shamrock Spider
Nicholas Marcellus Hentz, 1847
There have been 3 confirmed sightings of Araneus trifolium (Shamrock Orb-weaver), with the most recent sighting submitted on June 12, 2018 by Spider ID member rickcwest. The detailed statistics below may not utilize the complete dataset of 3 sightings because of certain Araneus trifolium sightings reporting incomplete data.
- Web: 50% of the time, Araneus trifolium spiders are sighted in a spider web (Sample size: 2)
- Sex: 2 female and 0 male.
- Environment: Araneus trifolium has been sighted 4 times outdoors, and 0 times indoors.
- Outdoors: Man-made structure (1). Low foliage (1). Freshwater river, lake, stream (1). Forest (1).
Location and Range
Araneus trifolium (Shamrock Orb-weaver) has been sighted in the following countries: Canada, United States.
Araneus trifolium has also been sighted in the following states: Minnesota.
Araneus trifolium has been primarily sighted during the month of October.
- September: 1
- October: 2