- Kingdom: Animalia
- Phylum: Arthropoda
- Class: Arachnida
- Order: Araneae
- Suborder: Araneomorphae
- Family: Araneidae
- Genus: Araneus
- Species: Araneus trifolium
Common Name (AAS)
Other Common Names
Pumpkin Spider, Shamrock Spider
Nicholas Marcellus Hentz, 1847
There have been 19 confirmed sightings of Araneus trifolium (Shamrock Orb-weaver), with the most recent sighting submitted on October 16, 2018 by Spider ID member brysspider. The detailed statistics below may not utilize the complete dataset of 19 sightings because of certain Araneus trifolium sightings reporting incomplete data.
- Web: 28% of the time, Araneus trifolium spiders are sighted in a spider web (Sample size: 18)
- Sex: 7 female and 0 male.
- Environment: Araneus trifolium has been sighted 24 times outdoors, and 1 times indoors.
- Outdoors: Man-made structure (9). Low foliage (6). Ground layer (3). Freshwater river, lake, stream (1). Open field, pasture, grassland (4). Forest (1).
Location and Range
Araneus trifolium (Shamrock Orb-weaver) has been sighted in the following countries: Canada, United States.
Araneus trifolium has also been sighted in the following states: Illinois, Indiana, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin.
Araneus trifolium has been primarily sighted during the month of October.
- August: 4
- September: 2
- October: 13