- Kingdom: Animalia
- Phylum: Arthropoda
- Class: Arachnida
- Order: Araneae
- Suborder: Araneomorphae
- Family: Araneidae
- Genus: Araniella
- Species: Araniella displicata
Common Name (AAS)
Nicholas Marcellus Hentz, 1847
There have been 18 confirmed sightings of Araniella displicata (Six-spotted Orb-weaver), with the most recent sighting submitted on November 24, 2018 by Spider ID member rickcwest. The detailed statistics below may not utilize the complete dataset of 18 sightings because of certain Araniella displicata sightings reporting incomplete data.
- Web: 50% of the time, Araniella displicata spiders are sighted in a spider web (Sample size: 18)
- Sex: 3 female and 0 male.
- Environment: Araniella displicata has been sighted 19 times outdoors, and 2 times indoors.
- Outdoors: Man-made structure (8). Low foliage (8). High foliage (2). Forest (1).
Location and Range
Araniella displicata (Six-spotted Orb-weaver) has been sighted in the following countries: Canada, United States.
Araniella displicata has also been sighted in the following states: Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, New York, North Carolina, Washington.
Araniella displicata has been primarily sighted during the month of June.
- May: 3
- June: 12
- August: 1
- November: 2