- Kingdom: Animalia
- Phylum: Arthropoda
- Class: Arachnida
- Order: Araneae
- Suborder: Araneomorphae
- Family: Araneidae
- Genus: Araniella
- Species: Araniella displicata
Common Name (AAS)
Nicholas Marcellus Hentz, 1847
There have been 19 confirmed sightings of Araniella displicata (Six-spotted Orb-weaver), with the most recent sighting submitted on April 18, 2019 by Spider ID member cipher. The detailed statistics below may not utilize the complete dataset of 19 sightings because of certain Araniella displicata sightings reporting incomplete data.
- Web: 53% of the time, Araniella displicata spiders are sighted in a spider web (Sample size: 19)
- Sex: 3 female and 0 male.
- Environment: Araniella displicata has been sighted 20 times outdoors, and 2 times indoors.
- Outdoors: Man-made structure (9). Low foliage (8). High foliage (2). Forest (1).
Location and Range
Araniella displicata (Six-spotted Orb-weaver) has been sighted in the following countries: Canada, United States.
Araniella displicata has also been sighted in the following states: Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, New York, North Carolina, Washington.
Araniella displicata has been primarily sighted during the month of June.
- April: 1
- May: 3
- June: 12
- August: 1
- November: 2