- Kingdom: Animalia
- Phylum: Arthropoda
- Class: Arachnida
- Order: Araneae
- Suborder: Araneomorphae
- Family: Araneidae
- Genus: Larinioides
- Species: Larinioides sclopetarius
Common Name (AAS)
Other Common Names
Gray Cross Spider, Grey Cross Spider, Gray Cross Orbweaver
Carl Alexander Clerck, 1757
There have been 5 confirmed sightings of Larinioides sclopetarius (Bridge Orb-weaver), with the most recent sighting submitted on February 17, 2018 by Spider ID member dwilde. The detailed statistics below may not utilize the complete dataset of 5 sightings because of certain Larinioides sclopetarius sightings reporting incomplete data.
- Web: 67% of the time, Larinioides sclopetarius spiders are sighted in a spider web (Sample size: 3)
- Sex: 3 female and 0 male.
- Environment: Larinioides sclopetarius has been sighted 2 times outdoors, and 1 times indoors.
- Outdoors: Man-made structure (2).
Location and Range
Larinioides sclopetarius (Bridge Orb-weaver) has been sighted in the following countries: United States.
Larinioides sclopetarius has also been sighted in the following states: Iowa, Maine, Pennsylvania, Vermont, Wisconsin.
Larinioides sclopetarius has been primarily sighted during the month of January.
- January: 2
- June: 1
- August: 1
- October: 1