- Kingdom: Animalia
- Phylum: Arthropoda
- Class: Arachnida
- Order: Araneae
- Suborder: Araneomorphae
- Family: Araneidae
- Genus: Micrathena
- Species: Micrathena mitrata
Common Name (AAS)
Other Common Names
There have been 2 confirmed sightings of Micrathena mitrata (White Micrathena), with the most recent sighting submitted on July 27, 2023 by Spider ID member greenvilleeee. The detailed statistics below may not utilize the complete dataset of 2 sightings because of certain Micrathena mitrata sightings reporting incomplete data.
- Web: 100% of the time, Micrathena mitrata spiders are sighted in a spider web (Sample size: 2)
- Sex: 0 female and 0 male.
- Environment: Micrathena mitrata has been sighted 3 times outdoors, and 0 times indoors.
- Outdoors: High foliage (2). Forest (1).
Location and Range
Micrathena mitrata (White Micrathena) has been sighted in the following countries: United States.
Micrathena mitrata has also been sighted in the following states: Iowa, South Carolina.
Micrathena mitrata has been primarily sighted during the month of September.
- July: 1
- September: 1