- Kingdom: Animalia
- Phylum: Arthropoda
- Class: Arachnida
- Order: Araneae
- Suborder: Araneomorphae
- Family: Araneidae
- Genus: Nephilengys
- Species: Nephilengys malabarensis
Other Common Names
Asian Hermit Spider
There have been 4 confirmed sightings of Nephilengys malabarensis (Asian Hermit Spider), with the most recent sighting submitted on May 23, 2019 by Spider ID member geonyzl. The detailed statistics below may not utilize the complete dataset of 4 sightings because of certain Nephilengys malabarensis sightings reporting incomplete data.
- Web: 100% of the time, Nephilengys malabarensis spiders are sighted in a spider web (Sample size: 4)
- Sex: 1 female and 0 male.
- Environment: Nephilengys malabarensis has been sighted 2 times outdoors, and 2 times indoors.
- Outdoors: Man-made structure (2).
Location and Range
Nephilengys malabarensis (Asian Hermit Spider) has been sighted in the following countries: Cambodia, Indonesia, Philippines, Sri Lanka.
Nephilengys malabarensis has been primarily sighted during the month of March.
- March: 3
- May: 1