- Kingdom: Animalia
- Phylum: Arthropoda
- Class: Arachnida
- Order: Araneae
- Suborder: Araneomorphae
- Family: Araneidae
- Genus: Verrucosa
- Species: Verrucosa arenata
Other Common Names
Arrowhead Spider, Arrowhead Orb-weaver, Triangle Orb-weaver, Triangle Spider
There have been 6 confirmed sightings of Verrucosa arenata (Arrowhead Orb-weaver), with the most recent sighting submitted on May 22, 2019 by Spider ID member clinteastweed. The detailed statistics below may not utilize the complete dataset of 6 sightings because of certain Verrucosa arenata sightings reporting incomplete data.
- Web: 83% of the time, Verrucosa arenata spiders are sighted in a spider web (Sample size: 6)
- Sex: 2 female and 1 male.
- Environment: Verrucosa arenata has been sighted 6 times outdoors, and 0 times indoors.
- Outdoors: Man-made structure (2). High foliage (4).
Location and Range
Verrucosa arenata (Arrowhead Orb-weaver) has been sighted in the following countries: United States.
Verrucosa arenata has also been sighted in the following states: Alabama, Kentucky, South Carolina, Tennessee.
Verrucosa arenata has been primarily sighted during the month of August.
- May: 1
- June: 1
- August: 3
- October: 1