- Kingdom: Animalia
- Phylum: Arthropoda
- Class: Arachnida
- Order: Araneae
- Suborder: Araneomorphae
- Family: Araneidae
- Genus: Verrucosa
- Species: Verrucosa arenata
Other Common Names
Arrowhead Spider, Arrowhead Orb-weaver, Triangle Orb-weaver, Triangle Spider
There have been 10 confirmed sightings of Verrucosa arenata (Arrowhead Orb-weaver), with the most recent sighting submitted on August 11, 2023 by Spider ID member mecha. The detailed statistics below may not utilize the complete dataset of 10 sightings because of certain Verrucosa arenata sightings reporting incomplete data.
- Web: 80% of the time, Verrucosa arenata spiders are sighted in a spider web (Sample size: 10)
- Sex: 2 female and 1 male.
- Environment: Verrucosa arenata has been sighted 10 times outdoors, and 0 times indoors.
- Outdoors: Man-made structure (4). High foliage (5). Forest (1).
Location and Range
Verrucosa arenata (Arrowhead Orb-weaver) has been sighted in the following countries: United States.
Verrucosa arenata has also been sighted in the following states: Alabama, Kentucky, Missouri, New Jersey, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia.
Verrucosa arenata has been primarily sighted during the month of August.
- May: 1
- June: 2
- July: 2
- August: 4
- October: 1