- Kingdom: Animalia
- Phylum: Arthropoda
- Class: Arachnida
- Order: Araneae
- Suborder: Araneomorphae
- Family: Eutichuridae
- Genus: Cheiracanthium
- Species: Cheiracanthium inclusum
Common Name (AAS)
Agrarian Sac Spider
Other Common Names
Longlegged Sac Spider, Yellow Sac Spider, Prowling Spider, Sac Spider, Black-footed Spider, Slender Sac Spider, Yellow House Spider
Nicholas Marcellus Hentz, 1847
There have been 7 confirmed sightings of Cheiracanthium inclusum (Agrarian Sac Spider), with the most recent sighting submitted on June 28, 2016 by Spider ID member spiderid. The detailed statistics below may not utilize the complete dataset of 7 sightings because of certain Cheiracanthium inclusum sightings reporting incomplete data.
- Web: NAN% of the time, Cheiracanthium inclusum spiders are sighted in a spider web (Sample size: 0)
- Sex: 5 female and 2 male.
- Environment: Cheiracanthium inclusum has been sighted 0 times outdoors, and 0 times indoors.
Location and Range
Cheiracanthium inclusum (Agrarian Sac Spider) has been sighted in the following countries: United States.
Cheiracanthium inclusum has also been sighted in the following states: Massachusetts, Mississippi, South Dakota.
Cheiracanthium inclusum has been primarily sighted during the month of September.
- June: 3
- September: 4
- General appearance almost the same as in the introduced species Cheiracanthium mildei; the two should be separated only by microscope exam.
- More commonly found outdoors, whereas the introduced species Cheiracanthium mildei is more common indoors.
- Cheiracanthium species are sometimes mistaken for “brown recluses” (Loxosceles reclusa) inside homes.