- Kingdom: Animalia
- Phylum: Arthropoda
- Class: Arachnida
- Order: Araneae
- Suborder: Mygalomorphae
- Family: Halonoproctidae
- Genus: Bothriocyrtum
- Species: Bothriocyrtum californicum
Common Name (AAS)
California Trapdoor Spider
Frederick Octavius Pickard-Cambridge, 1874
There have been 14 confirmed sightings of Bothriocyrtum californicum (California Trapdoor Spider), with the most recent sighting submitted on December 18, 2018 by Spider ID member allan. The detailed statistics below may not utilize the complete dataset of 14 sightings because of certain Bothriocyrtum californicum sightings reporting incomplete data.
- Web: 7% of the time, Bothriocyrtum californicum spiders are sighted in a spider web (Sample size: 14)
- Sex: 0 female and 14 male.
- Environment: Bothriocyrtum californicum has been sighted 11 times outdoors, and 4 times indoors.
- Outdoors: Man-made structure (8). Low foliage (3).
Location and Range
Bothriocyrtum californicum (California Trapdoor Spider) has been sighted in the following countries: United States.
Bothriocyrtum californicum has also been sighted in the following states: California.
Bothriocyrtum californicum has been primarily sighted during the month of January.
- January: 13
- December: 1