- Kingdom: Animalia
- Phylum: Arthropoda
- Class: Arachnida
- Order: Araneae
- Suborder: Mygalomorphae
- Family: Halonoproctidae
- Genus: Cyclocosmia
- Species: Cyclocosmia truncata
Other Common Names
Ravine Trapdoor Spider, Oreo Spider
There have been 2 confirmed sightings of Cyclocosmia truncata (Ravine Trapdoor Spider), with the most recent sighting submitted on May 27, 2018 by Spider ID member rickcwest. The detailed statistics below may not utilize the complete dataset of 2 sightings because of certain Cyclocosmia truncata sightings reporting incomplete data.
- Web: 50% of the time, Cyclocosmia truncata spiders are sighted in a spider web (Sample size: 2)
- Sex: 1 female and 0 male.
- Environment: Cyclocosmia truncata has been sighted 3 times outdoors, and 0 times indoors.
- Outdoors: Man-made structure (1). Ground layer (1). Forest (1).
Location and Range
Cyclocosmia truncata (Ravine Trapdoor Spider) has been sighted in the following countries: Mexico, United States.
Cyclocosmia truncata has also been sighted in the following states: Tennessee.
Cyclocosmia truncata has been primarily sighted during the month of March.
- March: 1
- April: 1