- Kingdom: Animalia
- Phylum: Arthropoda
- Class: Arachnida
- Order: Araneae
- Suborder: Araneomorphae
- Family: Linyphiidae
- Genus: Florinda
- Species: Florinda coccinea
Other Common Names
Blacktailed Red Sheetweaver
There have been 2 confirmed sightings of Florinda coccinea (Black-tailed Red Sheet-weaver), with the most recent sighting submitted on June 1, 2019 by Spider ID member achillescmr. The detailed statistics below may not utilize the complete dataset of 2 sightings because of certain Florinda coccinea sightings reporting incomplete data.
- Web: 100% of the time, Florinda coccinea spiders are sighted in a spider web (Sample size: 2)
- Sex: 0 female and 0 male.
- Environment: Florinda coccinea has been sighted 2 times outdoors, and 0 times indoors.
- Outdoors: On flower (1). Ground layer (1).
Location and Range
Florinda coccinea (Black-tailed Red Sheet-weaver) has been sighted in the following countries: United States.
Florinda coccinea has also been sighted in the following states: North Carolina, Virginia.
Florinda coccinea has been primarily sighted during the month of May.
- May: 1
- June: 1