- Kingdom: Animalia
- Phylum: Arthropoda
- Class: Arachnida
- Order: Araneae
- Suborder: Araneomorphae
- Family: Linyphiidae
- Genus: Pityohyphantes
- Species: Pityohyphantes costatus
Common Name (AAS)
Nicholas Marcellus Hentz, 1850
There have been 8 confirmed sightings of Pityohyphantes costatus (Hammock Spider), with the most recent sighting submitted on October 2, 2019 by Spider ID member tangledweb. The detailed statistics below may not utilize the complete dataset of 8 sightings because of certain Pityohyphantes costatus sightings reporting incomplete data.
- Web: 88% of the time, Pityohyphantes costatus spiders are sighted in a spider web (Sample size: 8)
- Sex: 1 female and 3 male.
- Environment: Pityohyphantes costatus has been sighted 7 times outdoors, and 1 times indoors.
- Outdoors: Man-made structure (5). Low foliage (1). Forest (1).
Location and Range
Pityohyphantes costatus (Hammock Spider) has been sighted in the following countries: United States.
Pityohyphantes costatus has also been sighted in the following states: New Hampshire, New York, Ohio, Wisconsin.
Pityohyphantes costatus has been primarily sighted during the month of December.
- March: 1
- May: 1
- September: 2
- October: 1
- December: 3