- Kingdom: Animalia
- Phylum: Arthropoda
- Class: Arachnida
- Order: Araneae
- Suborder: Araneomorphae
- Family: Philodromidae
- Genus: Thanatus
- Species: Thanatus formicinus
There have been 1 confirmed sightings of Thanatus formicinus, with the most recent sighting submitted on January 3, 2018 by Spider ID member britsnana1. The detailed statistics below may not utilize the complete dataset of 1 sightings because of certain Thanatus formicinus sightings reporting incomplete data.
- Web: 0% of the time, Thanatus formicinus spiders are sighted in a spider web (Sample size: 1)
- Sex: 1 female and 0 male.
- Environment: Thanatus formicinus has been sighted 1 times outdoors, and 0 times indoors.
- Outdoors: Low foliage (1).
Location and Range
Thanatus formicinus has been sighted in the following countries: United States.
Thanatus formicinus has also been sighted in the following states: Kentucky.
Thanatus formicinus has been primarily sighted during the month of February.
- February: 1