- Kingdom: Animalia
- Phylum: Arthropoda
- Class: Arachnida
- Order: Araneae
- Suborder: Araneomorphae
- Family: Pisauridae
- Genus: Dolomedes
- Species: Dolomedes vittatus
Charles Athanase Walckenaer, 1837
There have been 8 confirmed sightings of Dolomedes vittatus, with the most recent sighting submitted on September 6, 2023 by Spider ID member cellis. The detailed statistics below may not utilize the complete dataset of 8 sightings because of certain Dolomedes vittatus sightings reporting incomplete data.
- Web: 0% of the time, Dolomedes vittatus spiders are sighted in a spider web (Sample size: 8)
- Sex: 2 female and 0 male.
- Environment: Dolomedes vittatus has been sighted 11 times outdoors, and 0 times indoors.
- Outdoors: High foliage (2). Under rock or debris (2). Freshwater river, lake, stream (4). Forest (3).
Location and Range
Dolomedes vittatus has been sighted in the following countries: United States.
Dolomedes vittatus has also been sighted in the following states: Alabama, Connecticut, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, New York, South Carolina, Virginia.
Dolomedes vittatus has been primarily sighted during the month of May.
- February: 1
- April: 1
- May: 2
- June: 1
- July: 1
- August: 2