- Kingdom: Animalia
- Phylum: Arthropoda
- Class: Arachnida
- Order: Araneae
- Suborder: Araneomorphae
- Family: Pisauridae
- Genus: Dolomedes
- Species: Dolomedes vittatus
Charles Athanase Walckenaer, 1837
There have been 7 confirmed sightings of Dolomedes vittatus, with the most recent sighting submitted on April 25, 2020 by Spider ID member rwsz3. The detailed statistics below may not utilize the complete dataset of 7 sightings because of certain Dolomedes vittatus sightings reporting incomplete data.
- Web: 0% of the time, Dolomedes vittatus spiders are sighted in a spider web (Sample size: 7)
- Sex: 2 female and 0 male.
- Environment: Dolomedes vittatus has been sighted 10 times outdoors, and 0 times indoors.
- Outdoors: High foliage (2). Under rock or debris (2). Freshwater river, lake, stream (3). Forest (3).
Location and Range
Dolomedes vittatus has been sighted in the following countries: United States.
Dolomedes vittatus has also been sighted in the following states: Alabama, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, New York, South Carolina, Virginia.
Dolomedes vittatus has been primarily sighted during the month of May.
- February: 1
- April: 1
- May: 2
- June: 1
- July: 1
- August: 1