- Kingdom: Animalia
- Phylum: Arthropoda
- Class: Arachnida
- Order: Araneae
- Suborder: Araneomorphae
- Family: Pisauridae
- Genus: Dolomedes
- Species: Dolomedes vittatus
Charles Athanase Walckenaer, 1837
There have been 6 confirmed sightings of Dolomedes vittatus, with the most recent sighting submitted on June 5, 2019 by Spider ID member zacklineman. The detailed statistics below may not utilize the complete dataset of 6 sightings because of certain Dolomedes vittatus sightings reporting incomplete data.
- Web: 0% of the time, Dolomedes vittatus spiders are sighted in a spider web (Sample size: 6)
- Sex: 2 female and 0 male.
- Environment: Dolomedes vittatus has been sighted 8 times outdoors, and 0 times indoors.
- Outdoors: High foliage (2). Under rock or debris (1). Freshwater river, lake, stream (3). Forest (2).
Location and Range
Dolomedes vittatus has been sighted in the following countries: United States.
Dolomedes vittatus has also been sighted in the following states: Alabama, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, South Carolina, Virginia.
Dolomedes vittatus has been primarily sighted during the month of May.
- February: 1
- May: 2
- June: 1
- July: 1
- August: 1