- Kingdom: Animalia
- Phylum: Arthropoda
- Class: Arachnida
- Order: Araneae
- Suborder: Araneomorphae
- Family: Tetragnathidae
- Genus: Alcimosphenus
- Species: Alcimosphenus licinus
Other Common Names
There have been 7 confirmed sightings of Alcimosphenus licinus (Dominican Spider), with the most recent sighting submitted on May 10, 2019 by Spider ID member ajcolebrook. The detailed statistics below may not utilize the complete dataset of 7 sightings because of certain Alcimosphenus licinus sightings reporting incomplete data.
- Web: 71% of the time, Alcimosphenus licinus spiders are sighted in a spider web (Sample size: 7)
- Sex: 2 female and 0 male.
- Environment: Alcimosphenus licinus has been sighted 7 times outdoors, and 0 times indoors.
- Outdoors: Man-made structure (2). Low foliage (3). Ground layer (2).
Location and Range
Alcimosphenus licinus (Dominican Spider) has been sighted in the following countries: Bahamas, Dominican Republic, United States.
Alcimosphenus licinus has also been sighted in the following states: Florida.
Alcimosphenus licinus has been primarily sighted during the month of February.
- January: 2
- February: 3
- May: 2