- Kingdom: Animalia
- Phylum: Arthropoda
- Class: Arachnida
- Order: Araneae
- Suborder: Mygalomorphae
- Family: Theraphosidae
- Genus: Aphonopelma
- Species: Aphonopelma seemanni
Other Common Names
Costa Rican Zebra Tarantula
(F. O. Pickard-Cambridge, 1897)
There have been 1 confirmed sightings of Aphonopelma seemanni (Costa Rican Zebra Tarantula), with the most recent sighting submitted on November 20, 2019 by Spider ID member rickcwest. The detailed statistics below may not utilize the complete dataset of 1 sightings because of certain Aphonopelma seemanni sightings reporting incomplete data.
- Web: 0% of the time, Aphonopelma seemanni spiders are sighted in a spider web (Sample size: 1)
- Sex: 1 female and 0 male.
- Environment: Aphonopelma seemanni has been sighted 2 times outdoors, and 0 times indoors.
- Outdoors: Ground layer (1). Open field, pasture, grassland (1).
Location and Range
Aphonopelma seemanni (Costa Rican Zebra Tarantula) has been sighted in the following countries: Costa Rica.
Aphonopelma seemanni has been primarily sighted during the month of September.
- September: 1