- Kingdom: Animalia
- Phylum: Arthropoda
- Class: Arachnida
- Order: Araneae
- Suborder: Mygalomorphae
- Family: Theraphosidae
- Genus: Brachypelma
- Species: Brachypelma smithi
Other Common Names
Mexican Red-knee Tarantula
(F. O. Pickard-Cambridge, 1897)
There have been 1 confirmed sightings of Brachypelma smithi (Mexican Red-knee Tarantula), with the most recent sighting submitted on December 14, 2018 by Spider ID member rickcwest. The detailed statistics below may not utilize the complete dataset of 1 sightings because of certain Brachypelma smithi sightings reporting incomplete data.
- Web: 0% of the time, Brachypelma smithi spiders are sighted in a spider web (Sample size: 1)
- Sex: 1 female and 0 male.
- Environment: Brachypelma smithi has been sighted 3 times outdoors, and 0 times indoors.
- Outdoors: Ground layer (1). Under rock or debris (1). Forest (1).
Location and Range
Brachypelma smithi (Mexican Red-knee Tarantula) has been sighted in the following countries: Mexico.
Brachypelma smithi has been primarily sighted during the month of March.
- March: 1