- Kingdom: Animalia
- Phylum: Arthropoda
- Class: Arachnida
- Order: Araneae
- Suborder: Mygalomorphae
- Family: Theraphosidae
- Genus: Theraphosa
- Species: Theraphosa blondi
Other Common Names
Goliath Bird-eater, Goliath Bird-eating Spider
There have been 1 confirmed sightings of Theraphosa blondi (Goliath Bird-eater), with the most recent sighting submitted on December 7, 2018 by Spider ID member rickcwest. The detailed statistics below may not utilize the complete dataset of 1 sightings because of certain Theraphosa blondi sightings reporting incomplete data.
- Web: 0% of the time, Theraphosa blondi spiders are sighted in a spider web (Sample size: 1)
- Sex: 1 female and 0 male.
- Environment: Theraphosa blondi has been sighted 2 times outdoors, and 0 times indoors.
- Outdoors: Ground layer (1). Forest (1).
Location and Range
Theraphosa blondi (Goliath Bird-eater) has been sighted in the following countries: France.
Theraphosa blondi has been primarily sighted during the month of September.
- September: 1