- Kingdom: Animalia
- Phylum: Arthropoda
- Class: Arachnida
- Order: Araneae
- Suborder: Araneomorphae
- Family: Thomisidae
- Genus: Bassaniana
- Species: Bassaniana utahensis
Other Common Names
Utah Crab Spider
Willis J. Gertsch, 1932
There have been 7 confirmed sightings of Bassaniana utahensis (Utah Crab Spider), with the most recent sighting submitted on May 19, 2019 by Spider ID member greenette. The detailed statistics below may not utilize the complete dataset of 7 sightings because of certain Bassaniana utahensis sightings reporting incomplete data.
- Web: 14% of the time, Bassaniana utahensis spiders are sighted in a spider web (Sample size: 7)
- Sex: 0 female and 0 male.
- Environment: Bassaniana utahensis has been sighted 4 times outdoors, and 3 times indoors.
- Outdoors: Man-made structure (1). High foliage (3).
Location and Range
Bassaniana utahensis (Utah Crab Spider) has been sighted in the following countries: Canada, United States.
Bassaniana utahensis has also been sighted in the following states: Utah.
Bassaniana utahensis has been primarily sighted during the month of April.
- February: 1
- March: 1
- April: 3
- May: 2