- Kingdom: Animalia
- Phylum: Arthropoda
- Class: Arachnida
- Order: Araneae
- Suborder: Araneomorphae
- Family: Philodromidae
- Genus: Philodromus
Charles Athanase Walckenaer, 1826
There have been 17 confirmed sightings of Philodromus, with the most recent sighting submitted on March 16, 2018 by Spider ID member boazm. The detailed statistics below may not utilize the complete dataset of 17 sightings because of certain Philodromus sightings reporting incomplete data.
- Web: 6% of the time, Philodromus spiders are sighted in a spider web (Sample size: 16)
- Sex: 0 female and 5 male.
- Environment: Philodromus has been sighted 7 times outdoors, and 9 times indoors.
- Outdoors: Man-made structure (6). Low foliage (1).
Location and Range
Philodromus has been sighted in the following countries: Canada, Spain, United Kingdom, United States.
Philodromus has also been sighted in the following states: Arizona, Illinois, Kansas, Maine, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, Tennessee, Wisconsin.
Philodromus has been primarily sighted during the month of March.
- January: 1
- February: 3
- March: 6
- April: 1
- June: 2
- August: 1
- September: 1
- October: 1
- November: 1
- Spiders in this genus have the second pair of legs longer than the rest.