- Kingdom: Animalia
- Phylum: Arthropoda
- Class: Arachnida
- Order: Araneae
- Suborder: Araneomorphae
- Family: Salticidae
- Genus: Paraphidippus
- Species: Paraphidippus aurantius
Other Common Names
Golden Jumping Spider, Emerald Jumping Spider, Emerald Jumper
There have been 18 confirmed sightings of Paraphidippus aurantius (Emerald Jumping Spider), with the most recent sighting submitted on July 26, 2023 by Spider ID member bethmonroe98. The detailed statistics below may not utilize the complete dataset of 18 sightings because of certain Paraphidippus aurantius sightings reporting incomplete data.
- Web: 6% of the time, Paraphidippus aurantius spiders are sighted in a spider web (Sample size: 18)
- Sex: 1 female and 4 male.
- Environment: Paraphidippus aurantius has been sighted 21 times outdoors, and 2 times indoors.
- Outdoors: Man-made structure (9). Low foliage (5). High foliage (2). Ground layer (3). Forest (2).
Location and Range
Paraphidippus aurantius (Emerald Jumping Spider) has been sighted in the following countries: United States.
Paraphidippus aurantius has also been sighted in the following states: Alabama, Connecticut, Indiana, Kentucky, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Virginia, West Virginia.
Paraphidippus aurantius has been primarily sighted during the month of July.
- April: 4
- May: 4
- June: 4
- July: 5
- August: 1