- Kingdom: Animalia
- Phylum: Arthropoda
- Class: Arachnida
- Order: Araneae
- Suborder: Araneomorphae
- Family: Salticidae
- Genus: Paraphidippus
- Species: Paraphidippus aurantius
Other Common Names
Golden Jumping Spider, Emerald Jumping Spider, Emerald Jumper
There have been 12 confirmed sightings of Paraphidippus aurantius (Emerald Jumping Spider), with the most recent sighting submitted on June 26, 2018 by Spider ID member indianaspiders. The detailed statistics below may not utilize the complete dataset of 12 sightings because of certain Paraphidippus aurantius sightings reporting incomplete data.
- Web: 8% of the time, Paraphidippus aurantius spiders are sighted in a spider web (Sample size: 12)
- Sex: 1 female and 4 male.
- Environment: Paraphidippus aurantius has been sighted 16 times outdoors, and 1 times indoors.
- Outdoors: Man-made structure (7). Low foliage (3). High foliage (2). Ground layer (2). Forest (2).
Location and Range
Paraphidippus aurantius (Emerald Jumping Spider) has been sighted in the following countries: United States.
Paraphidippus aurantius has also been sighted in the following states: Alabama, Indiana, Kentucky, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina.
Paraphidippus aurantius has been primarily sighted during the month of April.
- April: 4
- May: 3
- June: 3
- July: 2