- Kingdom: Animalia
- Phylum: Arthropoda
- Class: Arachnida
- Order: Araneae
- Suborder: Araneomorphae
- Family: Thomisidae
- Genus: Misumessus
- Species: Misumessus oblongus
Other Common Names
Crab Spider, American Green Crab Spider
Eugen von Keyserling, 1880
There have been 7 confirmed sightings of Misumessus oblongus (American Green Crab Spider), with the most recent sighting submitted on June 28, 2019 by Spider ID member jasperlynn. The detailed statistics below may not utilize the complete dataset of 7 sightings because of certain Misumessus oblongus sightings reporting incomplete data.
- Web: 0% of the time, Misumessus oblongus spiders are sighted in a spider web (Sample size: 7)
- Sex: 0 female and 0 male.
- Environment: Misumessus oblongus has been sighted 6 times outdoors, and 2 times indoors.
- Outdoors: Man-made structure (1). Low foliage (2). High foliage (1). Open field, pasture, grassland (1). Forest (1).
Location and Range
Misumessus oblongus (American Green Crab Spider) has been sighted in the following countries: United States.
Misumessus oblongus has also been sighted in the following states: Alabama, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Pennsylvania.
Misumessus oblongus has been primarily sighted during the month of May.
- May: 4
- June: 1
- August: 2