- Kingdom: Animalia
- Phylum: Arthropoda
- Class: Arachnida
- Order: Araneae
- Suborder: Araneomorphae
- Family: Araneidae
- Genus: Gasteracantha
- Species: Gasteracantha quadrispinosa
Other Common Names
Four-spined Jewel Spider
O. Pickard-Cambridge, 1879
There have been 1 confirmed sightings of Gasteracantha quadrispinosa (Four-spined Jewel Spider), with the most recent sighting submitted on January 30, 2019 by Spider ID member boezerooij. The detailed statistics below may not utilize the complete dataset of 1 sightings because of certain Gasteracantha quadrispinosa sightings reporting incomplete data.
- Web: 100% of the time, Gasteracantha quadrispinosa spiders are sighted in a spider web (Sample size: 1)
- Sex: 0 female and 0 male.
- Environment: Gasteracantha quadrispinosa has been sighted 2 times outdoors, and 0 times indoors.
- Outdoors: Low foliage (1). Forest (1).
Location and Range
Gasteracantha quadrispinosa (Four-spined Jewel Spider) has been sighted in the following countries: Australia.
Gasteracantha quadrispinosa has been primarily sighted during the month of January.
- January: 1