- Kingdom: Animalia
- Phylum: Arthropoda
- Class: Arachnida
- Order: Araneae
- Suborder: Araneomorphae
- Family: Araneidae
- Genus: Thelacantha
- Species: Thelacantha brevispina
Other Common Names
Double Spotted Spiny Spider
There have been 3 confirmed sightings of Thelacantha brevispina (Double Spotted Spiny Spider), with the most recent sighting submitted on February 26, 2019 by Spider ID member frazierw001. The detailed statistics below may not utilize the complete dataset of 3 sightings because of certain Thelacantha brevispina sightings reporting incomplete data.
- Web: 100% of the time, Thelacantha brevispina spiders are sighted in a spider web (Sample size: 3)
- Sex: 0 female and 0 male.
- Environment: Thelacantha brevispina has been sighted 4 times outdoors, and 0 times indoors.
- Outdoors: Man-made structure (1). Low foliage (1). High foliage (2).
Location and Range
Thelacantha brevispina (Double Spotted Spiny Spider) has been sighted in the following countries: United States.
Thelacantha brevispina has also been sighted in the following states: Hawaii.
Thelacantha brevispina has been primarily sighted during the month of December.
- January: 1
- February: 1
- December: 1