- Kingdom: Animalia
- Phylum: Arthropoda
- Class: Arachnida
- Order: Araneae
- Suborder: Araneomorphae
- Family: Araneidae
- Genus: Trichonephila
- Species: Trichonephila antipodiana
Other Common Names
Batik Golden Web Spider, Gagambang Lagnat
There have been 5 confirmed sightings of Trichonephila antipodiana (Batik Golden Web Spider), with the most recent sighting submitted on April 16, 2019 by Spider ID member eams. The detailed statistics below may not utilize the complete dataset of 5 sightings because of certain Trichonephila antipodiana sightings reporting incomplete data.
- Web: 80% of the time, Trichonephila antipodiana spiders are sighted in a spider web (Sample size: 5)
- Sex: 2 female and 0 male.
- Environment: Trichonephila antipodiana has been sighted 10 times outdoors, and 0 times indoors.
- Outdoors: Man-made structure (3). Low foliage (1). High foliage (3). Ground layer (1). Open field, pasture, grassland (1). Forest (1).
Location and Range
Trichonephila antipodiana (Batik Golden Web Spider) has been sighted in the following countries: Philippines, Vietnam.
Trichonephila antipodiana has been primarily sighted during the month of February.
- January: 1
- February: 1
- October: 1
- November: 1
- December: 1