- Kingdom: Animalia
- Phylum: Arthropoda
- Class: Arachnida
- Order: Araneae
- Suborder: Araneomorphae
- Family: Salticidae
- Genus: Hentzia
- Species: Hentzia palmarum
Other Common Names
Common Hentz Jumper, Hentz Jumping Spider, Hentz Long-jawed Jumper
There have been 13 confirmed sightings of Hentzia palmarum (Hentz Jumping Spider), with the most recent sighting submitted on September 27, 2023 by Spider ID member spiderxgirl777. The detailed statistics below may not utilize the complete dataset of 13 sightings because of certain Hentzia palmarum sightings reporting incomplete data.
- Web: 0% of the time, Hentzia palmarum spiders are sighted in a spider web (Sample size: 13)
- Sex: 1 female and 10 male.
- Environment: Hentzia palmarum has been sighted 11 times outdoors, and 2 times indoors.
- Outdoors: Man-made structure (8). Low foliage (2). High foliage (1).
Location and Range
Hentzia palmarum (Hentz Jumping Spider) has been sighted in the following countries: Canada, United States.
Hentzia palmarum has also been sighted in the following states: Alabama, Florida, Illinois, Louisiana, Ohio, Texas.
Hentzia palmarum has been primarily sighted during the month of April.
- April: 4
- May: 4
- June: 1
- September: 2
- October: 2