- Kingdom: Animalia
- Phylum: Arthropoda
- Class: Arachnida
- Order: Araneae
- Suborder: Araneomorphae
- Family: Corinnidae
- Genus: Castianeira
- Species: Castianeira descripta
Common Name (AAS)
Other Common Names
There have been 3 confirmed sightings of Castianeira descripta (Red-spotted Ant-mimic), with the most recent sighting submitted on August 3, 2019 by Spider ID member jordonsund. The detailed statistics below may not utilize the complete dataset of 3 sightings because of certain Castianeira descripta sightings reporting incomplete data.
- Web: 0% of the time, Castianeira descripta spiders are sighted in a spider web (Sample size: 3)
- Sex: 0 female and 0 male.
- Environment: Castianeira descripta has been sighted 1 times outdoors, and 2 times indoors.
- Outdoors: Under rock or debris (1).
Location and Range
Castianeira descripta (Red-spotted Ant-mimic) has been sighted in the following countries: United States.
Castianeira descripta has also been sighted in the following states: Florida, Montana, South Carolina.
Castianeira descripta has been primarily sighted during the month of March.
- March: 1
- May: 1
- August: 1