- Kingdom: Animalia
- Phylum: Arthropoda
- Class: Arachnida
- Order: Araneae
- Suborder: Araneomorphae
- Family: Gnaphosidae
- Genus: Herpyllus
- Species: Herpyllus propinquus
Other Common Names
Western Parson Spider
There have been 3 confirmed sightings of Herpyllus propinquus (Western Parson Spider), with the most recent sighting submitted on April 21, 2020 by Spider ID member stevenandradee. The detailed statistics below may not utilize the complete dataset of 3 sightings because of certain Herpyllus propinquus sightings reporting incomplete data.
- Web: 0% of the time, Herpyllus propinquus spiders are sighted in a spider web (Sample size: 3)
- Sex: 0 female and 0 male.
- Environment: Herpyllus propinquus has been sighted 1 times outdoors, and 2 times indoors.
- Outdoors: Ground layer (1).
Location and Range
Herpyllus propinquus (Western Parson Spider) has been sighted in the following countries: United States.
Herpyllus propinquus has also been sighted in the following states: California, New Mexico, Washington.
Herpyllus propinquus has been primarily sighted during the month of April.
- April: 2
- May: 1