- Kingdom: Animalia
- Phylum: Arthropoda
- Class: Arachnida
- Order: Araneae
- Suborder: Araneomorphae
- Family: Salticidae
- Genus: Platycryptus
- Species: Platycryptus californicus
Peckham & Peckham, 1888
There have been 8 confirmed sightings of Platycryptus californicus, with the most recent sighting submitted on May 24, 2019 by Spider ID member punkador. The detailed statistics below may not utilize the complete dataset of 8 sightings because of certain Platycryptus californicus sightings reporting incomplete data.
- Web: 0% of the time, Platycryptus californicus spiders are sighted in a spider web (Sample size: 7)
- Sex: 0 female and 2 male.
- Environment: Platycryptus californicus has been sighted 4 times outdoors, and 3 times indoors.
- Outdoors: Man-made structure (3). Low foliage (1).
Location and Range
Platycryptus californicus has been sighted in the following countries: Canada, United States.
Platycryptus californicus has also been sighted in the following states: Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Utah.
Platycryptus californicus has been primarily sighted during the month of May.
- March: 1
- April: 2
- May: 4
- July: 1