- Kingdom: Animalia
- Phylum: Arthropoda
- Class: Arachnida
- Order: Araneae
- Suborder: Araneomorphae
- Family: Araneidae
- Genus: Neoscona
- Species: Neoscona arabesca
Common Name (AAS)
Charles Athanase Walckenaer, 1841
There have been 7 confirmed sightings of Neoscona arabesca (Arabesque Orb-weaver), with the most recent sighting submitted on June 3, 2018 by Spider ID member lbabykat30. The detailed statistics below may not utilize the complete dataset of 7 sightings because of certain Neoscona arabesca sightings reporting incomplete data.
- Web: 67% of the time, Neoscona arabesca spiders are sighted in a spider web (Sample size: 6)
- Sex: 1 female and 1 male.
- Environment: Neoscona arabesca has been sighted 5 times outdoors, and 1 times indoors.
- Outdoors: Man-made structure (2). Low foliage (3).
Location and Range
Neoscona arabesca (Arabesque Orb-weaver) has been sighted in the following countries: United States.
Neoscona arabesca has also been sighted in the following states: California, Illinois, North Carolina, Texas.
Neoscona arabesca has been primarily sighted during the month of September.
- March: 1
- April: 2
- May: 1
- June: 1
- September: 2