- Kingdom: Animalia
- Phylum: Arthropoda
- Class: Arachnida
- Order: Araneae
- Suborder: Araneomorphae
- Family: Araneidae
- Genus: Neoscona
- Species: Neoscona domiciliorum
Other Common Names
Spotted Orb-weaver, Red-femured Spotted Orb-weaver
Nicholas Marcellus Hentz, 1847
There have been 9 confirmed sightings of Neoscona domiciliorum (Spotted Orb-weaver), with the most recent sighting submitted on December 14, 2018 by Spider ID member andythebigman. The detailed statistics below may not utilize the complete dataset of 9 sightings because of certain Neoscona domiciliorum sightings reporting incomplete data.
- Web: 100% of the time, Neoscona domiciliorum spiders are sighted in a spider web (Sample size: 8)
- Sex: 1 female and 0 male.
- Environment: Neoscona domiciliorum has been sighted 11 times outdoors, and 0 times indoors.
- Outdoors: Man-made structure (6). Low foliage (2). High foliage (1). Ground layer (1). Freshwater river, lake, stream (1).
Location and Range
Neoscona domiciliorum (Spotted Orb-weaver) has been sighted in the following countries: United States.
Neoscona domiciliorum has also been sighted in the following states: Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, New Jersey, North Carolina.
Neoscona domiciliorum has been primarily sighted during the month of October.
- July: 1
- August: 1
- September: 1
- October: 4
- December: 2