- Kingdom: Animalia
- Phylum: Arthropoda
- Class: Arachnida
- Order: Araneae
- Suborder: Araneomorphae
- Family: Araneidae
- Genus: Neoscona
- Species: Neoscona domiciliorum
Other Common Names
Spotted Orb-weaver, Red-femured Spotted Orb-weaver
Nicholas Marcellus Hentz, 1847
There have been 12 confirmed sightings of Neoscona domiciliorum (Spotted Orb-weaver), with the most recent sighting submitted on March 12, 2019 by Spider ID member walt147. The detailed statistics below may not utilize the complete dataset of 12 sightings because of certain Neoscona domiciliorum sightings reporting incomplete data.
- Web: 100% of the time, Neoscona domiciliorum spiders are sighted in a spider web (Sample size: 11)
- Sex: 1 female and 0 male.
- Environment: Neoscona domiciliorum has been sighted 14 times outdoors, and 0 times indoors.
- Outdoors: Man-made structure (7). Low foliage (2). High foliage (3). Ground layer (1). Freshwater river, lake, stream (1).
Location and Range
Neoscona domiciliorum (Spotted Orb-weaver) has been sighted in the following countries: United States.
Neoscona domiciliorum has also been sighted in the following states: Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, New Jersey, North Carolina.
Neoscona domiciliorum has been primarily sighted during the month of October.
- July: 1
- August: 1
- September: 2
- October: 5
- December: 3