- Kingdom: Animalia
- Phylum: Arthropoda
- Class: Arachnida
- Order: Araneae
- Suborder: Araneomorphae
- Family: Salticidae
- Genus: Phidippus
- Species: Phidippus whitmani
Peckham & Peckham, 1909
There have been 5 confirmed sightings of Phidippus whitmani, with the most recent sighting submitted on May 31, 2019 by Spider ID member masscott. The detailed statistics below may not utilize the complete dataset of 5 sightings because of certain Phidippus whitmani sightings reporting incomplete data.
- Web: 0% of the time, Phidippus whitmani spiders are sighted in a spider web (Sample size: 5)
- Sex: 0 female and 1 male.
- Environment: Phidippus whitmani has been sighted 4 times outdoors, and 1 times indoors.
- Outdoors: Man-made structure (2). Low foliage (1). High foliage (1).
Location and Range
Phidippus whitmani has been sighted in the following countries: United States.
Phidippus whitmani has also been sighted in the following states: Alabama, Michigan, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia.
Phidippus whitmani has been primarily sighted during the month of June.
- May: 2
- June: 2
- October: 1