- Kingdom: Animalia
- Phylum: Arthropoda
- Class: Arachnida
- Order: Araneae
- Suborder: Araneomorphae
- Family: Theridiidae
- Genus: Steatoda
- Species: Steatoda triangulosa
Other Common Names
Triangulate Cobweb Spider, Triangulate Cobweb Weaver
Charles Athanase Walckenaer, 1802
There have been 116 confirmed sightings of Steatoda triangulosa (Triangulate Cobweb Spider), with the most recent sighting submitted on October 20, 2018 by Spider ID member officerjcjackson. The detailed statistics below may not utilize the complete dataset of 116 sightings because of certain Steatoda triangulosa sightings reporting incomplete data.
- Web: 36% of the time, Steatoda triangulosa spiders are sighted in a spider web (Sample size: 116)
- Sex: 6 female and 10 male.
- Environment: Steatoda triangulosa has been sighted 18 times outdoors, and 101 times indoors.
- Outdoors: Man-made structure (11). High foliage (1). Ground layer (2). Under rock or debris (2). Open field, pasture, grassland (1). Desert area (1).
Location and Range
Steatoda triangulosa (Triangulate Cobweb Spider) has been sighted in the following countries: Canada, Germany, Slovakia, Spain, Turkey, United States.
Steatoda triangulosa has also been sighted in the following states: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Florida, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin.
Steatoda triangulosa has been primarily sighted during the month of April.
- January: 9
- February: 12
- March: 17
- April: 34
- May: 26
- June: 8
- August: 2
- September: 1
- October: 6
- December: 1